General Range FAQs
Where can I find my model and serial number?
The location of your model / serial number may vary, but it’s most commonly found in one of the following locations:
- Along the interior-side trim of the oven and visible when the door is opened
- On the left-side panel and visible when the door is opened
- On the front frame of the storage / warmer drawer panel and visible when the drawer is opened.
What are the benefits of registering my Frigidaire products?
- Once you have registered, you’ll receive Frigidaire e-newsletters filled with product tips and useful information. You will also have easy access to your warranty information and product care tips. To register your product, you will need your Model and Serial number and date of purchase as shown on your receipt. You can register on-line. You can also drop your product registration card in the mail.
How do I use my display or controls?
- Since our products may vary by model, please reference your Owner’s Manual for more information. You will find easy steps for topics such as: How to set your clock or timer, temperature settings and child lock.
How do I improve my baking results with my Frigidaire range? Ex. My oven appears to be too hot or I have uneven temperatures.
- You may be surprised to learn your bakeware can impact your baking results. By using the proper rack position, you can improve your baking results – – especially if you are baking on multiple racks. Your Owner’s Manual has great tips and tricks to optimize your baking performance and recommended rack positions based on food type. For more information or tips to try, review the “Before You Call” section of your Owner’s Manual if you are experiencing any issues with your baking performance.
How do I insert and remove my racks from my Frigidaire range?
- The type of racks in your range may vary by model. Based on your appliance, your Owner’s Manual provides a description of various types of racks. Most racks can simply be removed by pulling the oven rack straight out until it reaches the stop position. Tilt up the front of the oven rack to slide past the stop position and pull the rack out of the oven cavity. To insert the rack, rest the oven rack evenly between a left and right front guide along the oven walls so that the oven rack rests level. Tilt front of the rack upward and slide rack in past the stop position. Then bring the rack to a level position and slide the rack completely inside the oven.
To keep your oven racks gliding smoothly when you’re removing or inserting them, we recommend applying cooking oil along their outer edges.
- If your oven is equipped with the Effortless Oven Rack system, you can refer to your Owner’s Manual for specific instructions. The Effortless Oven Rack system will automatically partially extend the oven rack from the interior oven glides to assist in easier access to your food items. This feature works whenever the oven door is opened or closed. IMPORTANT: Only the Effortless Oven Rack system should be used in the oven rack position 2. Placing any other rack in the oven rack position 2 will prevent the oven door from fully closing and may damage the oven door, oven cavity or the door connector brackets.
What is Sabbath mode and how do I use it?
- The Sabbath mode feature (not applicable on all models) is a special setting for use when observing the Jewish Sabbath/Holiday. Sabbath mode disables all audible tones or visual display changes on the oven control. Bake heating is the only cooking feature available while in the Sabbath mode. Oven controls are locked during Sabbath mode.
- If your appliance is equipped with the Sabbath mode feature, it is best to refer to your Owner’s Manual for instruction on how to activate and turn off Sabbath mode. These steps may vary by model.
How do I set my oven or range to self-clean?
To self-clean your oven, follow these simple steps:
- Remove the oven racks.
- Set your oven control to clean.
- Select a cleaning time or choose a cleaning level: light, medium, or heavy soiled. For typical cleaning needs, we recommend that you select a cleaning time of three hours or choose the medium soiled setting.
- Select Start. (To set a delayed start, see your use and care manual.)
Note: For safety reasons, the oven door will remain locked until the oven cools down. When it is sufficiently cool, the door will automatically unlock.
How do I clean my Frigidaire range?
- Your Owner’s Manual provides helpful tips regarding care and cleaning for your range to include the exterior and interior components such as knobs, stainless steel, racks, door and cooktop, etc. You can also purchase cleaners directly. If your appliance has Smudge Proof Stainless Steel, use a soft cloth, clean with a mild dish detergent and water or a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water. Rinse with clean water, dry with a soft clean cloth. Do not use appliance cleaner, stainless steel cleaner or cleaner containing abrasives, chlorides, chlorine or ammonia. These cleaners may damage the finish.
Is it normal for a fan to come on while using my range and when does it stop running?
- Yes, it is normal to hear your oven fan running when you turn on the oven including during preheat. The fan helps circulate the oven temperatures and will come on and off during the baking process. The fan may stay on after you have finished baking and turned the oven off. The fan will stop once the internal temperature of the oven cools down.
What does the Lock feature do and how can I activate it?
- Your appliance may be equipped with the ability to Lock the oven door and display controls. To set the oven Lock feature (instructions may vary by model – check your Owner’s Manual for more details):
- Press OFF and hold for 6 seconds. Lock will appear in the display, the door locked indicator light will flash, and the door lock will begin to close. Allow about 15 seconds for the oven door to lock. Once the oven is locked, the current time of day will appear in the display.
- To cancel the oven Lock feature, press Off and hold for 6 seconds. The control will unlock the oven door and resume normal operations.
What do I do if my appliance beeps and shows a code beginning with E or F on the display?
- If your appliance displays an E or F code, it means the unit has detected a fault or error condition. To clear the error, press OFF on the display. Once the error is cleared, try the bake or broil function. If the E or F code reappears, turn off the power to the appliance, wait 5 minutes, and then repower the appliance. Set the clock with the correct time of day. Try the bake or broil function again. If the E or F code appears again, you may need to schedule service with an authorized service provider.
For quick and reliable appliance repairs call Appliance Masters or Book an appointment online
Simple and Hassle-Free Repair
At Appliance Masters, we understand the inconvenience of having to deal with a broken down appliance, and that’s why we strive to provide as simple and as hassle-free a service as possible. Our technicians travel in vehicles that carry 99% of all the common replacement parts from all the major brands for all the different appliances, because we want to get your appliance back up and running on our first visit (most Cases.)Rely on us at Appliance Masters for efficient, reliable, affordable appliance repair services. Request an Appliance Repair Appointment today.
Service Call Request
We service the following areas:
Apache Junction Arizona | Chandler Arizona | Gilbert Arizona | Mesa Arizona | Queen Creek Arizona | Scottsdale Arizona | Tempe Arizona | And More…
Frigidaire Appliances | GE Appliances | Kenmore Appliances | Kitchenaid Appliances | LG Appliances | Maytag Appliances | Samsung Appliances | Whirlpool Appliances
Affordable Appliance Repair | Clothes Dryer Repair | Dishwasher Repair | Dryer Repair | Freezer Repair | Fridge Repair | Home Appliance Repair | Ice Maker Repair | Refrigerator Repair | Same Day Appliance Repair | Washer & Dryer Repair | Washer Repair | Washing Machine Repair