Error Codes in your Whirlpool Top Load Washer:
If your Whirlpool top load washer displays an error code, here are some steps you can take to try and solve the problem. This may not be all Error Codes for your model. See your Use & Care Guide for specific Error Codes for your Model.
If these actions don’t work, you can Contact Us or Schedule Service Online.
Error code Error Possible resolution
- Washer is not draining properly, This can sometimes be an installation problem. You can watch a video on How to Install the Washer Drain Hose
F# E# or F## System error code.
- Press START/PAUSE once to clear the code, then press START/PAUSE again to restart washer. If the code doesn’t clear, Contact Us or Schedule Service Online.
- Hot and cold inlet hoses have been installed incorrectly (reversed).
- This code will appear at the end of the wash cycle to indicate that the cold water hose is connected to the hot water inlet, and the hot water hose is connected to the cold water inlet.
- Turn off the water supply, and reverse the hoses. Run another cycle to verify that the hoses are correct. See installation instructions for questions regarding the hose installation (find it in our Manuals and Literature page.)
LdL Lid is not locking.
- It’s possible that an item in the load may be keeping the lid from locking. Check for items directly under the lid. Also check for detergent build up around the lid lock mechanism.
LdU Lid cannot unlock.
- The washer detects that there are objects on washer lid preventing it from unlocking. Remove objects, such as a basket of laundry, from the top of the washer.
LF, Lo FL or F8 E1 The washer is taking too long to fill.
- There may be some problem with the water supply going to the washer. Check the water supply: Turn on the water, and check the household water supply to see if the hot and cold water faucets are turned on. Make sure to open both faucets completely for proper fill.
NOTE: Both Hot and Cold water must be supplied to the washer.
For more information on how to remove the error code, check F8 E1 or LO FL Error Code in Display
lid The washer lid was left open.
- Close the lid to clear the display. If the lid is left open for more than 10 minutes, the cycle will reset and water in the washer will drain.
- If washer has drained, start cycle over. Do not add more detergent, as the clothing should already be penetrated with water and detergent.
Ofb The washer load is out of balance.
- The washer is running a load-balance correction routine. Allow the washer to continue.
Try the following steps first:
- If the dial is flashing and the washer has stopped, redistribute the load, close the lid, and press START/PAUSE.
- You may also experience some vibration during spinning or the washer has stopped with all dial lights flashing. Load items in loose heaps evenly around the washplate.
- Adding wet items to washer or adding more water to basket could unbalance washer.
- Avoid washing single items. Balance a single item such as a rug or jeans jacket with a few extra items, such as towels.
- If the dial is flashing, redistribute the load, close the lid, and press START/PAUSE.
- Use Bulky/Sheets Deep Water Wash cycle for oversized, nonabsorbent items such as comforters or poly-filled jackets. Other items are not appropriate for Bulky/Sheets Normal cycle. See “Cycle Guide”in your Use and Care manual for more information on loading.
OL The washer load too large.
- If an overload is detected, the washer will drain any water and detergent in the washer.
- Remove several items and add HE detergent. Close lid and press START/PAUSE.
- PF The wash cycle was interrupted by a power failure. Touch and hold START to restart the washer cycle or press POWER to clear the display.
Sud There are excessive suds in washer.
- Be sure to always use HE High Efficiency Detergent in the washer. Learn more about HE Detergent use in your Washer.
For quick and reliable appliance repairs call Appliance Masters or Book an appointment online
Simple and Hassle-Free Repair
At Appliance Masters, we understand the inconvenience of having to deal with a broken down appliance, and that’s why we strive to provide as simple and as hassle-free a service as possible. Our technicians travel in vehicles that carry 99% of all the common replacement parts from all the major brands for all the different appliances, because we want to get your appliance back up and running on our first visit (most Cases.)Rely on us at Appliance Masters for efficient, reliable, affordable appliance repair services. Request an Appliance Repair Appointment today.
Service Call Request
We service the following areas:
Apache Junction Arizona | Chandler Arizona | Gilbert Arizona | Mesa Arizona | Queen Creek Arizona | Scottsdale Arizona | Tempe Arizona | And More…
Frigidaire Appliances | GE Appliances | Kenmore Appliances | Kitchenaid Appliances | LG Appliances | Maytag Appliances | Samsung Appliances | Whirlpool Appliances
Affordable Appliance Repair | Clothes Dryer Repair | Dishwasher Repair | Dryer Repair | Freezer Repair | Fridge Repair | Home Appliance Repair | Ice Maker Repair | Refrigerator Repair | Same Day Appliance Repair | Washer & Dryer Repair | Washer Repair | Washing Machine Repair